Most of these Chemicals are used in controllable quantities to get rid of many insects. Pest Control companies often use them for rat,bed bugs, and termite control. We keep on discussing pest control about how should we do it, what are we supposed to do, what are the things we need to avoid, what are the things we need to prepare and bring but seriously, do we know the exact chemicals to undergo such process? No. we do not, right? However most of these chemicals are used in controllable quantities to get rid of many insects. Pest Control companies often use them for rat,bed bugs, and termite control. So now, let us try to discuss some of the common chemicals present in infestations. Check below:
- Permethrin – This is a common chemical being used by veteran and licensed exterminators. They are used to paralyze a large scale of insects. Not only that, this chemical is also safe for us humans and for our pets as well. They do not trigger allergy and asthma but this could be a threat to our aquatic resources so we needed to make sure this won’t penetrate waters with life living in it.
- Hydramethylnon – This chemical is for ants, termites, crickets and a lot more. This gives an agony to the insects letting them experience pain for 3-4 days but they eventually die. Unlike permethrin, this is not safe for humans and it can mostly affect our eyes and respiratory functions so we needed to handle this with care.
- Piperonyl Butoxide – This chemical is just an additive to permethrins. This is not a pesticide alone but if being mixed, it makes the Permethrin super effective. The mixture is so strong that could penetrate the insects quickly.
- Antimicrobials – This is not merely a pesticide but it kills bacteria and germs involved and presents in the in the operation.
- Wood preservatives – This chemical will make the wood resistant to insects, pests, and fungus.
- Rodenticides – This chemical is meant to kill rodents such as rats and mice.
- Fipronil – This chemical is actually new in the market. It can quickly kill insect quickly by 95%
- Boric Acid – This is some kind of a bait for cockroaches, bugs, and ants etc. There are some packages that offer this chemical in the form of a liquid but some others offer it as a powder. This is odor free and nonstaining.
- IGR (Insect Growth Regulator) – This can be used in indoor, outdoor and commercial inspections. This is to stop the growth of the insects and prevent infestations.
10. Cyfluthrin – This chemical can control over 50 insects. This is an aerosol for cracks and crevices and is ideal for space treatments.